AIMS OF THE MODULE
The module Economics and Finance aims to:
- develop economic reasoning, quantitative skills and institutional knowledge required by financial economists
- combine in-depth studies in economics and finance, providing the students with the analytical tools from the fields of mathematics, statistics, economics and econometrics together with the institutional knowledge required to work as a financial economist
- develop competences to solve practical problems arising in finance, as well as excellent analytical skills
- Train graduates for further studies as well as for a career in investment banking or in financial markets.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- understand the key issues arising in the area of finance
- understand economic principles and be able to apply them to address issues in finance
- develop economic arguments in a logical manner and think in a critical manner and evaluate an economic argument
- apply economic principles and quantitative techniques to the analysis of economic and financial data
- apply economic reasoning to the analysis of a wide range of policy issues.
*Курикулум студијског програма усвојен је на надлежним органима факултета и универзитета у академској 2019/2020. години, на основу чега је предат захтев за акредитацију.
До завршетка процеса акредитације, примењиваће се постојећи курикулум, доступан ОВДЕ.
Graduates from this module will be able to pursue career in a wide range of professions, which require strong analytical skills, including, but not limited to the positions of financial economist in an academic environment, financial sector – investment and commercial banking, risk management, research, fund management or securities trading, or government and corporate sector.
Graduates will have a sound basis for careers in a wide range of areas from major corporations to small businesses, government organisations, voluntary sector, international organisation and the media.
Successful completion of the module will allow a student to progress to postgraduate study in the degree field or a related area or to undertake further professional qualifications.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
The call for applications is announced by the University of Belgrade. Information is published on the website of the Faculty. Information about the Call is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/konkurs-2020/
Information about the entrance exam is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/prijemni-ispit/
All accepted students are enrolled in the first year, which is common, and in the second year of study the students select modules.
FUNDING AND COSTS
The University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics enrols 900 students in the Economics, Business Management and Statistics programme, of which 610 are state-financed students. Ranking for enrolment in the first year of study is done based on the achieved success from high school and the result at the entrance exam (ratio 40:60).
The tuition fees for citizens of the Republic of Serbia range from 92,022 RSD to 121,082 RSD, depending on the success of the study, i.e. the number of points earned in the entrance exam. Tuition fee for foreign citizens: 1,500 Euros in Serbian dinars equivalent to the middle exchange rate of the NBS on the day of payment.