AIMS OF THE MODULE
Module Business Analysis and Consulting aims to:
- enable students to understand key concepts in economic analysis, business economics, management, accounting, finance, business informatics and related areas (business law and taxes and tax optimization, above all) as well as the links between them that are important for operational, tactical and strategic business decision-making
- develop competencies necessary for understanding the context and concepts of competitiveness of the national economy, branch and economic entity along with alternative strategies for competitiveness growth
- educate students to comprehend the viability of the business entity (creditworthiness of financial position, financial flexibility and credit rating)
- train students to identify and measure business risks and formulate strategies to mitigate or eliminate those risks
- develop the skills necessary to understand the essence of financial markets and the way they function.
After completing this module, the student will be able to:
- distinguish systems of measuring success on the basis of the concept of profit and on the basis of the concept of created value (cash flow and risk)
- analyse the financial health and development capabilities of a business entity on the basis of statutory and managerial financial statements
- formulate, implement and control strategies based on Harmonized List methods
- get acquainted with the essence, process and opinion of auditors as a way to establish the credibility of financial statements as well as their adjustment to the rules before declaring
- apply different approaches in business, organisational and financial restructuring
- use multivariate analysis models for economic, market and technological forecasting
- apply econometric models for making operational and tactical business decisions (prices, costs, level of profit or value, market share, etc.)
- use worksheets to make business decisions, ranging from simple worksheets and linking them using business plan formulas to complex models used for data analysis and forecasting based on alternative future scenarios
- use conventional and advanced simulation techniques for different types of projections of demand, costs, cost components, etc.
Within this module, students are trained to perform a large number of jobs, including the following:
- financial and business consultants
- system analysts
- corporate strategists
- business finance experts
- securities financing experts
- business process managers
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
The call for applications is announced by the University of Belgrade. Information is published on the website of the Faculty. Information about the Call is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/konkurs-2020/
Information about the entrance exam is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/prijemni-ispit/
All accepted students are enrolled in the first year, which is common, and in the second year of study the students select modules.
FUNDING AND COSTS
The University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics enrols 900 students in the Economics, Business Management and Statistics programme, of which 610 are state-financed students. Ranking for enrolment in the first year of study is done based on the achieved success from high school and the result at the entrance exam (ratio 40:60).
The tuition fees for citizens of the Republic of Serbia range from 92,022 RSD to 121,082 RSD, depending on the success of the study, i.e. the number of points earned in the entrance exam. Tuition fee for foreign citizens: 1,500 Euros in Serbian dinars equivalent to the middle exchange rate of the NBS on the day of payment.