AIMS OF THE MODULE
The module Applied Statistics and Quantitative Analysis aims to:
- develop students analytical and critical thinking skills
- develop students competencies necessary for advanced data analysis and management
- enable students to use modern software tools for data processing
- enable students to contribute to the country’s sustainable economic development with their knowledge and quantitative skills
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- analyse real problems in different areas of economy and business and opt for models that adequately represent them
- link numerical mathematical, statistical, econometrics and optimisation methods to find optimal solutions to real economic and business problems and to make reliable forecasts
- analyse and create algorithms for solving theoretical and practical economic problems
- conduct quantitative research and make conclusions relevant to the economy and business
- Solve practical problems in economics, finance, actuarial and related fields using popular programming languages (R, Python, SQL, Wolfram language)
- Competently use statistical software (SPSS, Stata, Eviews) for data analysis
- Economic analyst
- Researcher in economics
- Statistician, statistician researcher
- Database analyst
- Financial analyst
Recent graduates have received or accepted fully funded offers for graduate studies in economics and finance at top research institutions such as University of California Berkeley, Brown University, Cambridge University, Columbia University, Goethe University, INSEAD, IHS, Northwestern University, LSE, Oxford University, University of California Berkeley, University of California San Diego, University of Wisconsin Madison, University of Pennsylvania Wharton, University of Zurich.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
The call for applications is announced by the University of Belgrade. Information is published on the website of the Faculty. Information about the Call is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/konkurs-2020/
Information about the entrance exam is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/prijemni-ispit/
All accepted students are enrolled in the first year, which is common, and in the second year of study the students select modules.
FUNDING AND COSTS
The University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics enrols 900 students in the Economics, Business Management and Statistics programme, of which 610 are state-financed students. Ranking for enrolment in the first year of study is done based on the achieved success from high school and the result at the entrance exam (ratio 40:60).
The tuition fees for citizens of the Republic of Serbia range from 92,022 RSD to 121,082 RSD, depending on the success of the study, i.e. the number of points earned in the entrance exam. Tuition fee for foreign citizens: 1,500 Euros in Serbian dinars equivalent to the middle exchange rate of the NBS on the day of payment.