AIMS OF THE MODULE
Module Accounting, Audit and Financial Management aims to:
- provide students with relevant academic knowledge and up-to-date competencies in accounting, auditing, financial management and other related managerial functions both in the national and international context
- promote students involvement in the accountancy profession, through professional accreditations of the module and by getting exam exemptions from national and international professional accounting associations (ACCA, CIMA, CFA, etc.)
- enable students to make intellectual contributions and long-lasting positive impact on business and accounting profession development
- educating academics committed to the public interest and respect for professional ethics.
The module learning outcomes are aligned with International Education Standards for Accountants. After completion, students will be able to apply different professional skills and knowledge in the business practice, in an ethical and responsible manner.
In this context, degree holders will be able to:
- Analyze and assess micro and macroeconomic issues and apply quantitative methods to investigate cause-effect relationships between different economic variables in order to understand economic phenomena and global trends
- Evaluate and analyze various internal processes, organizational designs and external environment (economic, legal, social, technical, international, and cultural) impact on the setting and implementation of strategy
- Apply accounting principles and IFRSs in the process of transparent financial reporting and implement risk-based approach to external auditing of financial statements
- Implement managerial accounting methods and techniques, including cost-volume-profit analysis, absorption costing and variable costing, and budgeting and performance measurement, to support management decision making
- Apply working capital management techniques, solve practical problems related to investment decision making and evaluate alternative sources of financing
- Apply analytical skills and critical thinking to solve accounting-related problems and make sound business decisions
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively, both in writing and orally, and display cooperation and teamwork in addressing organisational goals
ETHICS AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Apply professional values, ethics, and attitudes to work assignments according to international ethics standards
- Make judgments grounded on ethics, responsibility and sustainability, in the course of business and organisation acitivities in a national and international context
Degree holders will be warmly welcomed in a multitude of organizations, in different manufacturing and trading companies, public and private sector, accounting and audit firms, multinational companies, ICT and high-tech industries, financial institutions, consulting firms, etc.
After completion of the programme, degree holders will be able to pursue career in a wide range of occupations that require advanced accounting, auditing and financial knowledge and skills, including the following positions:
- Accountant/Head Accountant
- Director of accounting
- Financial statement analyst
- Financial risk analyst
- Management Accountant/Financial controller
- External audit associate
- Internal audit associate
- Governmental audit associate
- Tax analyst/tax advisor (consultant)
- Financial planning and analysis associate
- Tax inspector
- Bank inspector
- Foreign exchange officer
- Broker/Investment advisor
- Economics teacher
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
The call for applications is announced by the University of Belgrade. Information is published on the website of the Faculty. Information about the Call is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/konkurs-2020/
Information about the entrance exam is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/prijemni-ispit/
All accepted students are enrolled in the first year, which is common, and in the second year of study the students select modules.
FUNDING AND COSTS
The University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics enrols 900 students in the Economics, Business Management and Statistics programme, of which 610 are state-financed students. Ranking for enrolment in the first year of study is done based on the achieved success from high school and the result at the entrance exam (ratio 40:60).
The tuition fees for citizens of the Republic of Serbia range from 92,022 RSD to 121,082 RSD, depending on the success of the study, i.e. the number of points earned in the entrance exam. Tuition fee for foreign citizens: 1,500 Euros in Serbian dinars equivalent to the middle exchange rate of the NBS on the day of payment.