Born in Brezice , Slovenia , in 1946. Finished elementary and secondary school in Ljubljana , Bon and Belgrade . Graduated from the Faculty of Economics, Belgrade University , in 1968. Got an MSc degree in 1972 and a PhD degree in 1975.
Previous positions :
Teaching assistant, Faculty of Economics, Belgrade (1969-1976)
Assistant professor, Faculty of Economics, Belgrade (1976-1982)
Associate professor, Faculty of Economics, Belgrade (1982-1989)
Professor, Faculty of Economics, Belgrade (1989 -).
Professional improvement and advanced training:
Institute of Development Studies , University of Sussex , England (1977), as a scientific associate took part in Economic development and underdevelopment programme.
US university centres and departments for comparative economic systems (1984).
Teaching commitments: He has been teaching Contemporary economic systems since 1969. Also taught at the Faculty of Economics in Banja Luka, Faculty of Economics and Law in Novi Sad and Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia. Teaches Systemic approach to social planning, Economic development theory and policy and Economics of the public sector (post-graduate studies).
Other professional activities:
Member of the European Association for Comparative Economic Studies (EACES), member of the Presidency of Association of Serbian Economists, member of the Presidency of the Scientific Society of Yugoslav Economists.
Author of a number of books, articles and other texts, some of which have been published abroad. Took part in numerous international conferences and round tables in England, Germany, Austria, Italy, Holland, the Czech Republic, Russia, Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary.
1. Social development and the possibilities of its measurement (1977)
2. Developing countries (1983)
3. 'Introduction to a comparative analysis of contemporary economic systems'. Savremena administracija. Belgrade. 1989.
4. 'Market, capital, ownership' (editor with Z. Pjanic). Ekonomika. Belgrade. 1991.
5. 'Comparative economic policies' (co-author). Ekonomika. Belgrade. 1992.
6. 'Contemporary economic systems – an introduction'. Faculty of Economics. Belgrade. 1992.
7. 'Contemporary economic systems (co-author). Faculty of Economics. Belgrade . 1993.
8. 'Contemporary economic systems (revised edition) (co-author). Faculty of Economics. Belgrade. 1997, 2001, 2003.