IMQF ADMINSSIONS REQUIREMENTS
The single most important factor predicting success in the IMQF program is the applicant motivation to study and determination to work hard and face challenges. While applicants with strong quantitative skills and/or developed economic intuition may have an initial advantage, the program is designed in such a way that most hard-working students can catch up and remedy any of the deficiencies that they might have upon entering the program.
In order to be admitted to the IMQF program, students need to fulfill the following requirements:
1. Have an undergraduate university degree from a recognized college or university with a minimum of 240 ESPB credit or equivalent. Candidates of all majors may apply. In the past, candidates from the following majors have successfully completed the IMQF program: business and economics, natural sciences and math, engineering, psychology, and law, among other.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in English. For this, no formal exams are required. Rather, it is established during an interview with the Director of the program (foreign students can arrange a Skype interview).
3. Secure two letters of recommendation. The letters should be written in English. Ideally, at least one of them must be from a faculty member of a recognized academic or research institution.
Disclaimer: Please note that the admission into the IMQF program is competitive. Fulfillment of all of the formal requirements does not guarantee your acceptance into the program.
In order to apply into the IMQF program, please provide us with the following:
• A completed Application Form with a statement of purpose in English (not more than 500 words). In the statement of purpose please describe why would you like to study at the IMQF program and what are your medium-term goals.
• Two Letters of Recommendation (in English)
• Academic transcript(s) and diplomas (translated into English or Serbo-Croatian if not originally in one of these languages). Foreign degrees need to be nostrified (validated) by an accredited Serbian academic institutions before we can accept them. Please contact us early if you have questions related to that.
• Curriculum vitae in English
All inquiries and application materials should be sent to:
Program Coordinator, Room 409, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrad, Kamenička 6, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia. Tel. +381 11 3021 169. Email: email@example.com. General inquiries about the IMQF program by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An integral part of the admissions process is an interview with the Program Director (in English). The purpose of the interview is to establish the motivation of the candidate and assess his/her ability to speak English. It is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the program and to get a personal advice about how to best prepare prior to entering into the program. While most interviews are face-to-face, foreign applicants can organize interviews over Skype.
Decisions about the acceptance into the IMQF program are made regardless of sex, race, national origin, or sexual orientation.
In accordance with the announcement of the University of Belgrade, the entrance exam for IMQF master program will be held on 24.10.2015. For the program starting in early December, all of the required documents for applicants graduating from Serbian institutions should reach us by October 31st. Applicants graduating from foreign institutions are recommended to apply as early as possible, to allow ample time to nostrify their degree, if they have not done so already. Applicant shall be evaluated on the rolling bases. Given the limited number of spots in the program, it is to your advantage to apply early.