AIMS OF THE MODULE
The module Finance, Banking and Insurance aims to:
- develop students knowledge and skills in the field of finance, banking and insurance, relevant in the national and international environment
- train students to provide intellectual and creative contribution in the domain of making public policies and business decisions in the field of finance, banking and insurance
- educate academics committed to efficient business, while respecting the public interest and professional ethics.
Learning outcomes are in line with international academic standards of education of professionals in the field of finance, banking and insurance, as well as the needs of the modern labour market. After completing this module, the student will be able to:
- Differentiate modus operandi of modern financial systems, with the special focus on the functioning of financial markets
- Analyse financial portfolio and manage financial operations at the company level
- Understand fundamentals of commercial and investment banking operations
- Follow contemporary trends in banking, such as digitalization and development of fin-tech innovations, as well as to make relevant business decisions
- Explain and apply principles based on which insurance companies operate, and to differentiate characteristics of basic products in the insurance industry
- Evaluate economic viability of business decisions in insurance and to make relevant business decisions in this field.
- Explain the reasons for government intervention in economy, and to identify mechanisms, forms and consequences of government interventions, especially in the sectors relevant for Serbian economy
- Understand how contemporary tax systems work and comprehend the economic consequences of taxation and subsidies
- Interpret the effects and apply the most important strategic documents related to development, at the national, regional and local level
- Participate in the implementation of sector policies (first of all in industry and agriculture), as well as urban and rural development policies
This study program is extremely useful for all students who have the ambition and desire to start their professional career as:
- Financial and investment advisors (for investment and development in different sectors of an economy)
- Financial and related analysts (for investment, e-banking, payment operations, securities, factoring, etc.)
- Tax advisors
- Experts for reporting, analysis and modelling in banking
- Credit portfolio experts
- Financial dealers and brokers
- Insurance analysts
- Actuarial officers
- Public policy experts
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
The call for applications is announced by the University of Belgrade. Information is published on the website of the Faculty. Information about the Call is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/konkurs-2020/
Information about the entrance exam is available at http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/upis/prijemni-ispit/
All accepted students are enrolled in the first year, which is common, and in the second year of study the students select modules.
FUNDING AND COSTS
The University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics enrols 900 students in the Economics, Business Management and Statistics programme, of which 610 are state-financed students. Ranking for enrolment in the first year of study is done based on the achieved success from high school and the result at the entrance exam (ratio 40:60).
The tuition fees for citizens of the Republic of Serbia range from 92,022 RSD to 121,082 RSD, depending on the success of the study, i.e. the number of points earned in the entrance exam. Tuition fee for foreign citizens: 1,500 Euros in Serbian dinars equivalent to the middle exchange rate of the NBS on the day of payment.