IRENA JANKOVIC PhD
Phone:+381 11 3021 046
PhD – 2014, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics
Маster’s degree – 2007, International Master of Science in Quantitative Finance, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics,
Diploma – 2003, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics
Awards, grants, certificates, memberships, corporate / public service
2015 Serbian Scientific Society of Economists Award for the best PhD Thesis
2003-2007 Ministry of Science, Technology and Development Scholarship
2003 University Foundation of Milivoje Jovanovic and Luka Celovic Scholarship
2003 “Delta” Bank Scholarship
2002 Royal Norwegian Embassy Scholarship
2001 Serbian Government Scholarship
2000-2003 Serbian Ministry of Education and Sport Scholarship
- Awarded University Prize for best final year degree thesis on “Modern Tendencies in Insurance Development’” (2003)
- First place award at Balkan Business Case Challenge competition for Serbia and Montenegro 2004/2005, organized by WUS Austria
- At the end of Ist year of studies was awarded as the best student.
2004-2005 Master of Science Course in Management, HEC Paris and University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics
Jan 2012 Serbian Scientific Society of Economists – Associate and from 2014 – Member
Feb 2014 Belgrade Economists’ Society – Member
From 2014 The member of the working body of the University of Belgrade for the restoration of the University Endowments and Funds
April 2015 Secretary of the Editorial Board of the Journal Economic Annals
From 2015 Member of the International Editorial Board of the International Journal Perspectives of Innovations, Economics and Business
Mar 2014 Member of the International Editorial Board of the International Journal of Economic and Social Development (JESD)
From 2013 Member of the Scientific and Review Committee of the Economic and Social Development (ESD) Conferences
Fields of teaching and research
Financial markets and instruments, portfolio analysis, risk management, public debt currency mismatch, remittances inflows analysis.
Undergraduate courses – Financial Markets, Security Analysis
Master courses – Investments, Portfolio Management, Mathematics and Modeling for Finance
Lecturer at the Brokerage course in cooperation with Serbian SEC
Lecturer at the Course: Financial Analysis Fundamentals in Excel in cooperation with Center for Permanent Education of the Faculty of Economics, Belgrade
Key references (publications and projects)
- Janković, I. 2015. (co-author) Formalizing the Shadow Economy in Serbia- Policy Measures and Growth Effects (Chapters 4, 9, 10). Krstić and F. Schneider, eds. Springer Open (ISSN: 1431-1933, ISBN: 978-3-319-13436-9, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-13437-6)
- Janković, I., M. Jovović, and D. Trifunović. 2015. “Catastrophe Bonds as an Instrument of Catastrophe Risk Management“. Ch 21 in monograph Catastrophic Risks and Sustainable Development, J. Kočović et al, eds. Belgrade: University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics Publishing Centre (ISBN: 978-86-403-1418-3), pp. 371-394.
- Janković, I. and B. Živković. 2014. “An Analysis of the Effect of Currency Mismatch on a Country’s Default Risk”. Economic Annals, Volume LIX, No. 201/ April-June 2014. Belgrade: Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade (ISSN: 0013-3264), pp. 85-121.
- Janković, I. 2014. “Measuring Currency Mismatch on the Sample of Countries from the Central and Eastern Europe and Western Balkans Regions”. Ekonomske ideje i praksa, 14, september 2014. Belgrade: Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade (ISSN: 2217-6217), pp. 75-92. (EconLit)
- Janković, I. and M. Gligorić. 2014. “The Remittance Inflows’ Impact on Savings in the Serbian Economy“. In the book of proceedings of the 6th International Scientific Conference on Economic and Social Development and 3rd Eastern European ESD Conference: Business Continuity, 24-25th April 2014: Bendekovic, J., M. Klacmer Calopa and D. Filipovic, ed. Vienna, Austria. Varazdin: Varazdin Development and Entrepreneurship Agency (ISBN: 978-953-6125-10-4), pp. 144-151.
- Gligorić, M. and I. Janković. 2013. “Opportunities for More Significant Channeling of Remittances to Savings and Investments in Serbia“. Economic Views, year XVIII, no. 4/2013, Belgrade Economists’ Society (ISSN: 0354-9135, COBISS.SR-ID 116154887), pp. 495-506.
- Janković, I. 2013. “The Analysis of the Behavior of CDS Spreads and Default Probabilities of Countries Affected by the Debt Crisis“. In Proceedings of the XL Symposium on Operational Research, 09-12th September, 2013: Martić et al, ed. Zlatibor. Belgrade: University of Belgrade, Faculty of Organizational Sciences (ISBN: 978-86-7680-286-9), pp. 123-128.
- Janković I. and M. Gligorić. 2012. “Remittanes as a Stable Source of Foreign Currency Inflow in Serbia“. In thematic collection of papers: Jovanović Gavrilović, , T. Rakonjac-Antić, and Ž. Stojanović, ed. Economic policy and development. Belgrade: Publishing Center of the Faculty of Economics in Belgrade (ISBN: 978-86-403-1275-2), pp. 215-236.
- Janković, I. 2012. “Partial and Aggregate Measures of Currency Mismatch“. In Proceedings of the XXXIX Symposium on Operational Research, 25-28th September, 2012: Ćirović, G., ed. Tara: Visoka građevinsko-geodetska škola, Belgrade (ISBN: 978-86-7488-086-9), pp. 113-116.
- Janković, , and D. Inđić. 2012. “The Eurozone Sovereign Debt Crisis and Restructuring Alternatives“. In the book From Global Crisis to Economic Growth. Which Way to Take?, Volume I, Economics: Cerović, B., M. Jakšić, Z. Mladenović and A. Praščević, Ed.. Belgrade: University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics (ISBN: 978-86-403-1278-3). COBISS.SR-ID 195801100, pp. 101-126.
- Janković. I. 2012. “Is Structured Finance the Possible Solution for the Debt Crisis in Eurozone? “. Work in a scientific monograph: “Debt Crisis in Eurozone Member States and its Impact on the Economy of Serbia“: Đukić, Đ. and M. Jakšić ed. Belgrade: Publishing Center of the Faculty of Economics in Belgrade (ISBN: 978-86-403-1202-8), pp. 133-147
- Janković, I., B. Urošević i B. Živković. 2011. “Stabilizing Public Debt in Frontier Markets“. In Proceedings of the XXXVIII Symposium on Operational Research, 4-7th October, 2011: Vuleta, J., M. Backović, and Z. Popović, ed. Belgrade: Publishing Center of the Faculty of Economics in Belgrade (ISBN: 978-86-403-1168-7), pp. 154-157
- Živković, B. and I. Janković. 2010. “Opportunities and Risks of Forming a National Development Bank of Serbia“. Journal of Law and Economics of European Integration: Challenges of European Integration, no. 12/2010, Official Gazette. (ISSN: 1820-9459, COBISS.SR-ID 1511881740), pp. 113-124
- Janković, I. 2010. “Impact of Remittances on the Sustainability of Public Debt“. In thematic collection of papers: Jovanović Gavrilović, and T. Rakonjac-Antić, ed. Economic policy and development. Belgrade: Publishing Center of the Faculty of Economics in Belgrade (ISBN: 978-86-403-1102-1), pp. 159-178
- Janković, I. and D. Molnar. 2010. “Alternative Sources of Funding for Local Economic Development in Serbia“. In Proceedings of the Conference of the Economist Scientific Society, 8 May 2010: Arandarenko, A. Praščević and S. Cvejić, ed. Economic and social structure of Serbia – The effect of the first decade of transition. Belgrade: Faculty of Economics (ISBN: 978-86-403-1063-5), pp. 497-513
- Janković, I. 2009. “Pricing of Foreign Currency Options in the Serbian Market”. Economic Annals, Volume LIV, No. 180/January-March 2009. Belgrade: Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade (ISSN: 0013-3264), pp. 91-115
- Janković, (co-author). 2009.In: Živković, B.The project – Improving the Financial System in Serbia – “Development of the Debt Securities’ Market in the Republic of Serbia” (chapters 1, 2, 3). Belgrade: Policy and Legal Advice Centre (PLAC) (ISBN: 978-86-87737-07-5)
- Janković, 2009.”PublicDebt Management -Currencyand Maturity Structure”. InProceedings oftheConference of the Economist Scientific Society, May 2009: Cerović, M.andM.Kovačević, ed. Transition in Serbia and the global economic crisis. Belgrade: Faculty of Economics (ISBN: 978-86-403-0990-5), pp. 287-303
May 2015- Present University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics
H2020: “SUFISA – Sustainable Finance for Sustainable Agriculture and Fisheries”, Grant no. 635577
Feb 2013-Present University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics
FP7: “GLAMUR – Global and Local Food Chain Assessment – a Multidimensional performance – based approach”, GA. 311778
Sept 2012- Feb 2013 FREN i USAID/BEP
“Policy Measures to Formalize the Shadow Economy and their Effects on Economic Growth in Serbia”
Feb 2011-Present University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics, and Ministry of Science
“The risks of financial institutions and markets in Serbia – microeconomic and macroeconomic approach”
Dec 2008- April 2009 Frankfurt school of Finance & Management and KfW
“Serbian Financial Markets Development Strategy”
Jan 2004 – July 2007 Serbian Ministry of Science and University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics, Junior Researcher
- “Serbian Financial and Mortgage Market Institutions and Instruments Development”
- “Restructuring of Companies – Affirmation of Sound Market Orientation in Serbia”
- “Development of Financial Market Oriented towards Transition of Serbian Economy”