Belgrade University is a partner on an international project
INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR DEVELOPMENT OF THE THIRD MISSION OF UNIVERSITIES IN SERBIA
which will be implemented over a period of time from 15thOctober 2015 to October 2018.
The project is co-funded by Erasmus+EU programme, with 966.510 EUR, and implemented by consortium of 18 partners from Serbia, Great Britain, Austria, Portugal, Italy and Slovenia, which consists of five European universities (Brighton, Krems, Lisboa, Bari, Maribor), six universities from Serbia (Kragujevac, Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis, Novi Pazar, Metropolitan), The Ministry of Education, Science and Technologycal Development, Intellectual Property Office, Technical College of Applied Sciences in Zrenjanin, three business incubators (Kragujevac, Belgrade, Novi Sad) and one company (Intranea).
The primary aim of the project, along with the two existing missions regarding education and research at universities in Serbia, is the development and implementation of the third mission which encompasses three dimensions: technology transfer and innovation, continuous education and social engagement of universities.
Apart from the improvement of legal and policy framework, with the objective of motivating professors, researchers and students at universities, their greater involvement in innovation activities and knowledge transfer, activities on the project will be oriented towards the development of:
- a targeted training programme for capacity improvement,
- a programme for raising technology readiness level,
- an annual competition for the best students idea,
- recommendations for faculties regarding the modification of study modules, through the introduction of topics in the area of entrepreneurship, innovations, intellectual property management, etc.
- five Creativity centres,
- numerous mobility activities towards European institutions.
Find out more about the project on http://www.if4tm.kg.ac.rs/.