DJORDJE DJUKIC PhD
Phone:+381 11 3021 010
Born in Aleksandrovac in 1952. Graduated from the Faculty of Economics in Belgrade in 1975 as the best student in the generation. Obtained an MSc degree at the Faculty of Economics, Belgrade , got a PhD degree at The Faculty of Economics, Kragujevac University.Previous positions: teaching assistant, Institute of economic science, Belgrade, 1976, assistant professor, The Faculty of Agronomy, Cacak, 1985, associate professor, 1990, full professor, 1996.
Current position: professor at the Faculty of Economics in Belgrade (1996- ) – subjects: Banking (undergraduate and Master studies), Monetary Economics (PhD studies). Manager of post-graduate studies courses: Monetary, banking and financial management; Banking and financial management.
Professional improvement and advanced training: Great Britain (1984, 1997), USA (1986,1988/89, 1994, 1996). Granted a Fulbright scholarship for post-doctoral studies in Monetary Economics, in the USA ( Stanford University ). He was granted a Fulbright advanced research scholarship in the USA in 2002.
Other professional activities: he was the associate dean for finance twice at the Faculty of Agronomy in Cacak. Member of scientific section of Serbian Economist Association since June 1991. Member of the editorial board of Ekonomska misao (Economic thought)and Panoeconomicus. Secretary of Scientific Society of Yugoslav Economists (November 1992). Nominated as a member of the Federal Government Economic Council in July 1992, and again in July 1993. Nominated by the Federal Parliament as a member of the Council of the National Bank of Yugoslavia in 1993 (until 1998). Nominated by the Federal Government as a member of Securities Commission in 1994 (until 2000). Took part in two international research projects for the requirements of the World Bank and the European Union.
1. Dukic, D. „Central Bank and Financial System”, 4th supplemented edition, Ekonomski fakultet Beograd, 2016, str. 361 (monograph).
2. Dukic, D. „Risks and Capital Managemnet in Banks”, Ekonomski fakultet Beograd, 3rd supplemented edition, Beograd 2016, str. 296 (university textbook).
3. Dukic, D., M. Dukic “Interdependencies of markets in South Eastern Europe and Buy Back of Shares on Shallow Capital Markets: the application of cointegration and causality tests”, Panoeconomicus, Volume 62, Issue 4, 2015, pp. 469-491(on SSCI listi).
4. Dukic, D. „Banking and Crisis – International and Domestic Aspects”, Ekonomski fakultet Beograd, 2012, str. 152 (monograph).
5. Dukic, D., M. Dukic „The Global Financial Crisis And The Behaviour Of Short-Term Interest Rates – International And Serbian Aspects”, Panoeconomicus, 4 (2009), pp. 491-506 (on SSCI list).
6. Dukic, D. „Analysis of Effects of Foreign Bank Entry on Credit Interest rate Behavior in Serbia”, Panoeconomicus, No 4 (2007), pp. 429-444.
7. Dukic, D. „Comparative Models of Banking Reform”, Chapter 7 . In Banking Reforms in South-East Europe, ed. by Z. Sevic, Edward Elgar’s Publishing, 2002, pp. 147-161.
8. Dukic, D. „Banking Sector Restructuring in Yugoslavia””, Economic & Financial Review, Volume 5, Number 2, London, Summer 1998, pp. 79-94.
9. Dukic, D. „Export Expansion and Economic Growth in Yugoslavia Some Empirical Evidence”, 6th World Congress of the Econometric Society, Barcelona 22-28 August, 1990, Economic Analysis No. 2, 1991, pp. 95-113.